This eBook looks at a key element in any information management modernization strategy – creating an intelligent capture strategy and the implications this carries for automating document intensive workflows.
It focuses on four best practices:
- Best Practice #1 – Once you get capture basics in place – more of a wish than a reality in most organizations – adopt a “land and expand” approach to intelligent capture.
- Best Practice #2 – Thoroughly understand the problem set that intelligent capture can help address, and frame conversations in terms of problems to be solved rather than technologies to be deployed.
- Best Practice #3 – Look “downstream” and understand the far-reaching implications that intelligent capture has on process efficiency and automation.
- Best Practice #4 – Review the capabilities of your current and planned capture platforms to make sure they are evolving to meet the next generation of AI and Machine Learning challenges.
6 Reasons Intelligent Capture Needs to be a Digital Transformation priority.
- The “information chaos” problem is accelerating. The process of capturing and categorizing incoming information is critical to Digital Transformation effectiveness.
- This rising tide of information means that information capture must be done as information is created. Capture is shifting from something that is done as an afterthought and with an archive focus to something that must be done as soon as information enters the organization.
- Advances in AI and Machine Learning are changing the capture game. Radical improvements in capture efficiency and accuracy are driving a reevaluation of legacy capture platforms.
- Increasing concerns about information privacy and security. The growing complexity of privacy and security concerns means that organizations must: a) govern information from its creation; and b) automate the governance process.
- Automated processing of information is critical to everything that follows. Intelligent capture is assuming a key role in triggering and automating downstream business processes.
- Intelligent capture is key to fully optimizing emerging Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capabilities. The ability of organizations to fully leverage their RPA investments rests completely on whether these engines can ingest and digest unstructured and semi-structured information.