Ever since the global pandemic started, organizations across all industries have had to adapt their business operations quickly. The people who need to collect, assess and take action on data have not been able to consistently do so from a central location. Changes in the way we all work have increased the need for distributed, multi-channel data capture solutions.
Data capture and automation for businesses of all kinds
In today’s environment, a successful data capture solution must be decentralized, flexible, and simple to access and use. It should be easy for employees to capture data from mobile devices, document scanners, multi-function printers (MFPs) and other sources across various departments, remote branches, or home offices.
This is why Kodak Info Input Solution is a popular choice for businesses that need to manage data inflows from a variety of sources. Info Input is an award-winning solution that simplifies how you capture, extract, and deliver information across the enterprise to improve efficiency and business results. This browser-based solution makes it easy to connect people to documents, documents to processes, and processes to systems.
Here are 10 reasons why Info Input might be the right solution for your business.
- Simple configuration and centralized administration. As a browser-based data capture solution, you can install Info Input on a local server or in the cloud, depending on your business needs or IT policies. All administration and maintenance functions are performed centrally and support all modern authentication services, including Azure AD and Okta.
- It’s easy to integrate into workflow solutions (e.g. Salesforce). Info Input has an intuitive user interface that minimizes training costs. The scanning function can run within a business application so that users don’t have to exit their primary business application to scan documents. This integration of data capture directly into business processes saves time and reduces the risk of human error.
- Flexible licensing lowers your operational costs. Info Input doesn’t have any click/page charges for scanning documents or performing barcode recognition. In addition, there’s no need for individual licenses for each workstation. With the “concurrent” model, an average of about 25% of licenses are required based on the number of users.
- It can improve a wide variety of business workflows. You can separate documents by patch or barcode, automatically classify and organize documents, extract key data from documents via barcodes, OCR (optical character recognition), or ICR (handwriting recognition) and leverage machine learning features to take workflow automation to a higher level. You can also integrate with the latest cloud AI Form Recognition and Extraction engines from vendors like Google, Azure, and AWS to create a true Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) solution that can be deployed with minimum configuration.
- It accelerates business productivity. Info Input Solution provides the performance characteristics of a thick client, supporting scanners that can process over 200 sheets per minute, with asynchronous batch download capability to maximize productivity. Users never have to wait: Info Input can index scanned documents while a batch is still downloading.
- It excels in environments that rely on a variety of data sources and devices. Businesses that need to gather information from a variety of data sources such as email, online forms, paper documents, mobile devices, and multi-function devices can rely on Info Input Solution to extract, validate, classify, and deliver their variable data where it needs to be.
- It has an open architecture and is ideal for thin-client environments. As a browser-based information capture solution, Info Input is ideally suited to thin-client environments. There’s no need for end users to install software on their PC. There’s also an optional mobile app for phones and tablets.
In addition, its open architecture allows for easy migration and integration with existing systems, eliminating the need for system upgrades. Connectors seamlessly integrate documents and data into your downstream and cloud applications.
- It provides multi-channel simplicity. Info Input is easy to configure and use, making it ideal for environments that require central admin but a distributed user base, whether it’s a 2-user or 50,000-user system. Data from scanned paper documents and digital information extracted from e-mails, chat histories, and app data can be easily grouped and directed to their destination.
- It simplifies data archiving and compliance. With Info Input, a consistent cross-platform chain of custody is ensured, which is essential for compliance and security audits. Data transfers are secured using standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Real-time Redaction of PII information. Info Input makes it easy to redact PII information from scanned or electronic documents automatically, ensuring that customers are compliant with all their business requirements.
Get started with Info Input Solution from Kodak Alaris
With Info Input Solution, you can easily deploy and manage your data automation systems and extend your data capture capabilities to the very edge of your business workflows. Info Input empowers you to connect all your data input sources in a distributed environment, improve your process integration, and enforce your data processing rules automatically.
Contact us and start saving your organization time and money with Info Input Solution from Kodak Alaris. See Info Input features and specs >>